MKS Toolkit for Developers
A Powerful UNIX and
Windows Co-Existence Solution
MKS Toolkit for Developers is
a Windows development product for software, script, and Web developers,
who can choose from UNIX-style command-line or graphical VisualStudio
build environments. It is ideal for developing common, cross-platform
scripts for UNIX, Linux, and Windows, from a single Windows desktop.
Using the power of more than 300 UNIX and Windows command-line
software and Web development utilities, including make, cc, and
vi, you can develop native Windows applications, as well as Perl,
Korn shell, C shell, sed / awk, and CGI scripts. Preserve your
existing investment in UNIX training and easily migrate UNIX scripts
With Toolkit for Developers
you can now:
- Ensure consistency and automate software build
- Schedule and start tasks automatically.
- Perform automated testing.
- Integrate cross-platform build environments.
- Automatically download files from the Web.
- Upload Web content from the command-line or scripts.
- Speed maintenance tasks related to Web site creation.
- Automatically update files via Web downloads.
- Use existing UNIX scripts on Windows.
- Automate complex or recurring tasks.
- Integrate with, control, and interact with Windows
technologies and other third party applications.
game development, I use MKS Toolkit for Developers to do
complex searches and to automate tasks. In fact, I use it
any time I want to work more efficiently. I would have to
work more hours a day without MKS Toolkit for Developers."
MKS Toolkit for Developers Features
If you would like more
information, complete our information
request page and we will contact you. Additional detail
is also available from the MKS web site
- Over 300 UNIX and Windows
command-line utilities (full POSIX.2 specification).
- MKS Korn shell (ksh) and
MKS C shell (csh) command environments.
- Command-line build utilities
including ar, cc, make, grep, vi.
- Tools and utilities for manipulating
HTML content (htdiff, htsplit, url, mkurl).
- Commands to pull or push
content from local or remote servers,implement Web CGI scripting,
and active Perl scripting (web, mkscgi, PScript™)
- File system handling commands
(mount, umount) and symbolic link support.
- Build automatic notification
into processes and scripts with command-line mail utilities
like smtpmail and mapimail.
- Win32 file and user security
utilities (chacl, lsacl, su).
- Utilities for setting up
users, groups, and permissions on Windows (userinfo, groupinfo,
- Tape and archive commands
(tar, pax, cpio, mt), for creating UNIX-compatible backups.
- Commands to manipulate device
drivers, Windows domains, and file associations (dev, domain,
- Remote utilities (rsh, rexec,
rcp, rlogin) for accessing other UNIX and Windows machines.
- NuTCRACKER Workstation.